The European Championship quarter-finals get underway tonight but we’ve got all the very latest breaking transfer news throughout the day right here
Young striker signs
The former Bolton Wanderers youngster, 19, has signed a two-year deal with a further year’s option in the club’s favour.
He’ll join the club’s development squad.
“I’m absolutely delighted and I’m looking forward to getting started now in pre-season and hopefully hitting the ground running.
“I feel it’s a place that’s close to home. My dad was born in Burnley so it’s close to me and my family. I feel I can continue progressing and push on to eventually try and get into the first-team.
“I’ve been shown around the training ground and I thought the facilities and the plans for the future we excellent so it made me want to come here even more.”
Austria suffered a miserable Euro 2016, but that’s not seen David Alaba’s stock drop.
And the Bayern Munich stars future is up in the air.
It’s understood that Alaba wants to play central midfield on a regular basis at club level, as he does for his country.
The Austrian is seen as arguably the best left-back in the world, but spent much of the last 12 months under Pep Guardiola playing centre-half.
The signing of Mats Hummels and Renato Sanches will mean Alaba spends his future at Bayern at left-back again.
But now Madrid are trying to get him to the Bernabeu.
Already a €50million offer has been turned down.
Now a €65million second bid has been made, according to AS.
Hulk’s blockbuster move to the Chinese Super League will reportedly net the Brazilian forward £320,000-a-week after he completed a medical on Thursday.
His new club Shanghai SIGP are planning a press conference for Friday after Zenit St Petersburg accepted a record fee for a Russian club.
“Zenit and Shanghai SIPG have come to an agreement regarding the transfer of the Brazilian forward,” Zenit said in a statement on.
“Compensation for the player will total 55.8 million euros and there will be add-ons.”
The deal is a record-breaker for Asian football, beating the €50million paid by Jiangsu Suning for Shakhtar Donetsk’s Alex Teixeira .
Hulk follows Paulinho, Ramires, Jackson Martinez and Ezequiel Lavezzi from Europe to China, and will play alongside Asamoah Gyan and Dario Conca at the Shanghai Stadium.
Brazil’s Hulk takes a medical examination at a hospital in Shanghai on June 30, 2016.
Vincent Janssen anxious over Spurs move
Tottenham target Vincent Janssen has pleaded with AZ Alkmaar not to price him out of a move to north London.
Mirror Sport revealed earlier this month that Mauricio Pochettino is keen to land the 21-year-old Dutch striker, top scorer in the Eredivisie last season with 27 goals in 34 games.
Janssen flew into London for talks with Spurs and the club had believed a £12million deal was a formality.
But, following interest from PSG, Alkmaar are now holding out for more than £16million and have rejected two bids from Tottenham, the latest around £14million.
Janssen, who would prefer to play in the Premier League, fears his club’s stance could price him out of a dream switch.
Read what he has to say here
ICYMI: Morrison signs new two-year deal
West Brom midfielder James Morrison has signed a new two-year contract.
The 30-year-old, who joined the Baggies from Middlesbrough in 2007, is now tied to the club until 2018.
West Brom also have an option to extend the deal by a further year.
Morrison, who missed the second half of last season through injury, told the club website:
“I had a good sit down and think about it – did I need a new challenge? What more could I do with the club?
“I spoke with my family, the chairman [Jeremy Peace], [director] Richard Garlick and they told me their vision about where we go from here and I also thought about the end of last season. I didn’t like the way I went out – walking around the pitch and then out the door.
Millers get Forde
Alan Stubbs has completed his first signing as Rotherham United manager.
They’ve completed a deal to sign Anthony Forde from Walsall, seeing him rise from League One to the Championship.
The ex-Ireland under-21 international signs a three-year deal at New York Stadium.
Speculation has continually linked Steve Bruce with the KC Stadium exit, despite the Tigers promotion to the Premier League.
Now Bruce has put out a statement declaring his future WILL BE on Humberside.
I wanted to take this opportunity to address the Club’s supporters following recent speculation in the press regarding my future.
Despite the talk of potential take overs, my focus is on what happens on the pitch and as far as I am concerned it is business as usual.
Since the Play-Off Final I have been in contact with our Board of Directors and other officials at the Club on a regular basis and I am confident we all understand what we need to do to be ready for the Premier League season ahead of us.
We plan to make improvements to our squad in the coming weeks and a transfer budget and wage structure has been set by the Board for the new campaign. It is simply not correct that I have been told I cannot sign any players as reported in the media this week. We are already looking at potential targets in order to strengthen the squad. In addition to strengthening, we have also started working on several other projects including alterations at our training ground in Cottingham.
Preparations for next season have been well underway since we left Wembley in May and I am looking forward to joining up with my players and staff in Portugal next week for our pre-season training camp.
As supporters we need you now more than ever, let’s make the KCOM Stadium a difficult place for teams to come to next season starting with Leicester on the opening weekend.
Thank you for your continued support.
So, Neymar to Man United?
We remain very sceptical of the suggestion, as reported by Mundo Deportivo.
And Josep Bartomeu, the Barca president, has shifted to shut down speculation this morning.
He’s declared that a new deal will be announced very soon.