Here are all the latest Reds stories from today’s Daily Mirror and other news outlets…
Sassuolo sensation heading for Anfield?
Liverpool are looking to bring in Sassuolo sensation Domenico Berardi this summer, according to the Daily Express.
The Reds will face competition from Juventus for his signature, with the Italian champions also keeping tabs on his impressive season.
Sassuolo bought full registration rights to Berardi this summer from Juve, setting them back around £7.2million.
Juve can bring him back for £13million next summer though, but Liverpool are reportedly lining themselves up for a January bid to try and lure him to Anfield instead.
Sturridge’s desire questioned
Daniel Sturridge has had his “attitude and desire” questioned by former Liverpool striker David Fairclough.
The injured front man is yet to play for Jurgen Klopp and also missed most of the start of the season after undergoing surgery.
“Daniel has real star quality but he has to work on his attitude and desire,” Fairclough told talkSPORT.
“Picking up these little knocks – surely from time to time they aren’t as bad as first feared?
“Maybe the medical team offers players excuses because the modern footballer would not have gone through the pain barrier like older players did.
“You do have to be careful but sometimes you hope people show their grit and determination and put it aside to get out there.”
Arsenal and Liverpool have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Barcelona’s Martin Montoya.
The youngster is currently on loan at Inter Milan but despite not playing a single league game this season, he will not be leaving in January.
Both Premier League clubs were reportedly interested in his services, but his agent Juan Carrasco does not believe that his player will be allowed to leave the San Siro.
Carrasco told Mundo Deportivo: “He will stay at Inter until next June.”
Benteke out of Bournemouth clash
Liverpool striker Christian Benteke has been ruled out of Wednesday’s clash with Bournemouth.
The Belgian came off the bench to score in Sunday’s draw with Southampton but complained of discomfort after the game, reports the Liverpool Echo.
There were concerns he had damaged medial ligaments but the Reds have eased fears that the striker will face another lengthy spell on the sidelines.
Liverpool insist the injury is only minor and have yet to rule him out of Saturday’s crunch Premier League clash with Chelsea.
He will be monitored daily ahead of the trip to Stamford Bridge.
The match will go ahead as planned
Liverpool have confirmed that their Capital One Cup clash with Bournemouth will go ahead as normal despite Tuesday’s Anfield evacuation, writes Mirror Football’s Jake Murtagh.
The fixture had been thrown into doubt when two men went missing inside the stadium, forcing a full ground closure and search.
It is understood the pair went AWOL during an organised tour during the afternoon.