The UEFA Champions League group stage draw threw up a Porto reunion for José Mourinho while Paris Saint-Germain will meet Real Madrid and Juventus face Manchester City.
Chelsea manager José Mourinho will return to Porto, with whom he won the UEFA Champions League in 2004, while Paris Saint-Germain are up against Real Madrid in Group A. In Group D, meanwhile, last season’s runners-up Juventus will face Manchester City and UEFA Europa League winners Sevilla. The holders, Barcelona, take on Bayer Leverkusen, Roma and BATE Borisov.
2015/16 UEFA Champions League group stage draw
Group A: Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Malmö
Group B: PSV Eindhoven, Manchester United, CSKA Moskva, Wolfsburg
Group C: Benfica, Atlético, Galatasaray, Astana
Group D: Juventus, Manchester City, Sevilla, Borussia Mönchengladbach
Group E: Barcelona, Bayer Leverkusen, Roma, BATE Borisov
Group F: Bayern München, Arsenal, Olympiacos, Dinamo Zagreb
Group G: Chelsea, Porto, Dynamo Kyiv, Maccabi Tel-Aviv
Group H: Zenit, Valencia, Lyon, Gent
Group stage dates
Matchday one: 15–16/09/14
Matchday two: 29–30/09/14
Matchday three: 20–21/10/14
Matchday four: 03–04/11/14
Matchday five: 24–25/11/14
Matchday six: 08–09/12/14
- Barcelona, Porto, Manchester United and Madrid are making their 20th group stage appearances.
- There are three debutants: Astana (the first ever Kazakhstani representatives), Borussia Mönchengladbach and Gent.
- Mourinho also came up against Porto in the 2004/05 group stage, his first season at Stamford Bridge.
- Bayern eliminated Arsenal in the round of 16 in both 2012/13 and 2013/14.
- Lionel Messi became the first player to score five goals in a UEFA Champions League game when Barça last took on Leverkusen, in the 2011/12 last 16.
- Barcelona put nine goals past BATE in the 2011/12 group stage, winning 5-0 in Belarus and 4-0 in Spain.
- Paris striker Zlatan Ibrahimović will come up against his first club, Malmö, in Group A.
- Manchester United summer recruit Memphis Depay is set for a swift reunion with PSV in Group B.