The Red Devils boss missed out on several players over the summer but does not expect to re-enter the transfer market.
Manchester United manager David Moyes says that it is unlikely that he will make any signings in the January transfer window.
After failed moves for several players in the summer, Marouane Fellaini was the Red Devils’ only major incoming transfer and the Scot’s side sit seventh in the Premier League after a testing start to life after Sir Alex Ferguson.
Goal understands that the club has sent a delegation to Spain with hopes of securing Koke from Atletico Madrid but Moyes is reluctant to speculate on additions.
“I don’t think so,” he told reporters when asked if he would buy. “I think most of the business will be more towards the summer rather than January.”
The United boss also confirmed that he had been interested in Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi in the offseason.
The Italian noted Friday that he was glad to have avoided a switch to Old Trafford, claiming it would have been “suicide,” but Moyes says that the transfer was not so close to happening.
“We did certainly think about bringing him in the summer time,” the ex-Everton manager said. “[But] I don’t think it went as far as a bid.”
Youngster Gustavo Varela was the Red Devils’ only other acquisition in Moyes’s first transfer window